To translate this document please copy to: https://translate.google.com/
Central registration for students who will be new to Cranford (kindergarten, first grade, SNAPPY, READY, or any other grade level) for the 2020-2021 school year will be done online followed by an in-person appointment at Lincoln School (playground entrance) between the hours of 8:15 a.m. - 3:30 p.m. on Tuesday, February 18 through Friday, February 21. There will be limited appointments available on Saturday, February 22, 2020. If your child is currently enrolled in the district, (i.e. SNAPPY, READY, kindergarten) you DO NOT need to re-register. Should the district close due to inclement weather during the in-person registration period, make-up days will be held on February 25th and 26th, in order and keeping the same appointment, for those scheduled on the day of closure.
Please read and carefully follow the instructions below:
- Go to https://www.signupgenius.com/go/409044EA9AD23AAF94-20202021 to schedule an appointment through Sign-Up Genius. You must schedule an appointment to receive your InfoSnap link.
- Please select the date and time that you would like to come to register your child and press submit.
- Please make sure you print out your “Affidavit of Residency, Medical Enrollment Form and Medical History Form.”
- Enter all of your information on the InfoSnap site and press submit. All information must be entered into InfoSnap 48 hours before you come for your scheduled appointment.
- Once you have submitted the information, you will receive an email confirming your appointment and a link to InfoSnap. This can take up to 24 hours.
Please bring the following to your scheduled appointment:
- Original certificate of birth (Please bring original; we are required to make a copy of it)
- If you are a single parent, please bring documentation with you that shows you as the custodial parent.
- Affidavit of Residency (Please download and have notarized prior to your appointment)
- Mortgage commitment, deed, property tax bill or lease agreement (If you are residing with a Cranford resident, the homeowner must attend the meeting with you)
- Utility bill (electric, water or gas) - phone bills will not be accepted
- If your child currently receives ESL services, please bring current and/or past ACCESS test results in addition to any relevant ESL documentation
- Medical Enrollment Form and Medical History Form (Please download)*
- Driver’s license or state issued ID (optional)**
**In accordance with N.J.A.C. 6A:22-3.4, the District may accept other forms of documentation not listed above and shall not exclude any documentation or information presented to enroll the child. Enrollment decisions shall be based on the totality of information and documentation offered to enroll the child, and the failure to provide a particular document or subset of documents will not be a reason to deny enrollment.
*The Medical Enrollment Form must be completed by your child’s physician and submitted either at your appointment or provided to your school’s nurse no later than the first day of the school year.
Toward the end of this school year, you will be contacted by your student's principal about orientations or other programming that will help acquaint your child with the school building, routines, and other important information.
If you have any questions regarding the above, please contact Michele Cammarata at either email@example.com or 908-709-6202.
Thank you for your cooperation. We look forward to welcoming your child to our schools.
Dr. Scott Rubin
Superintendent of Schools
December 12, 2019
Dear Cranford Community Members,
I hope this correspondence finds you well. We would like to inform you that the second meeting of our Referendum Exploration Steering Committee (RESC) took place on Wednesday, November 13th. The session was positive and productive.
We invite you to review all related resources on the RESC website, including meeting agendas, presentation slides, and other informational documents. Additionally, please utilize the RESC Community Input form to submit any comments, ideas and/or questions throughout the process. Always know that your input is valued and appreciated.
As a reminder, the work of the RESC will focus specifically on the attributes of Plans 8, 10 and District enhancements.
Plans 8 and 10 both provide great benefits to the school system and neither includes additional busing.
Plan 8 (Full Day Kindergarten, adds appropriate educational support spaces, four K-5 schools, and two dedicated 6-8 middle schools --one on each side of town)
Plan 10 (Keeps schools as they are currently zoned, adds Full Day Kindergarten, and adds appropriate educational support spaces)
increased educational support spaces
- science lab (CHS) upgrades
modernization of library/multimedia centers to support 21st Century STEM programs
enhanced performing arts spaces
improved accessibility and options
installation of AC in gyms, cafeterias, and performing arts spaces
electrical service upgrades (all schools except for WAS which has already been upgraded)
door (interior) and window replacements, including hardware
repaving, masonry and concrete repairs
Thank you for your support. Together, we will continue to provide an outstanding educational experience for all Cranford students.
The RESC members