Read the COUNSELING CORNER DECEMBER EDITION
2019 PSAT SCORES: Below is information from College Board:
- Scores will be available online for both students and schools between December 9 and 11, 2019. A separate email will be sent (from College Board) with information about accessing scores online.
- Schools will receive student paper reports within 10-12 weeks.
- Names of eligible students will be reported (by College Board) to the National Merit Scholarship Corporation (NMSC) for entry into its competitions. (Juniors only)
Wednesday, December 4 through Wednesday, December 11
The juniors will meet with their school counselors to use the program, Naviance, which keeps an electronic file of each student to track GPA, create resumes, explore careers and interests in college majors and in junior and senior year, plan for the college search and application process. Click here for scheduled meeting times with the school counselors.
SCHEDULE CHANGE COMMITTEE MEETING: DECEMBER 9, 2019
If you would like to request an elective change for second semester, follow the two steps below:
- Complete the Google form with the required information
- Make an appointment for Monday, December 9 through Sign-Up Genius.
CHANGES FOR SECOND SEMESTER ELECTIVES WILL ONLY BE MADE THROUGH THE SCHEDULE CHANGE COMMITTEE ON DECEMBER 9, 2019.
Wednesday, December 11, 2019 at 7:00 pm at CHS
This is a two-part presentation.
7:00 PART 1: Join Mrs. Burfeindt to learn the differences between the PSAT, SAT and ACT. View a sample PSAT score report and help your children prepare for the right test, not every test!
7:40 PART 2: Junior parents and guardians….join your child’s school counselor in one of the computer classrooms to log into Naviance and learn about the college search process. This is a great pre-cursor to junior conferences beginning in January.
Need a peer tutor? Please email: Cranfordhspeertutoring@gmail.com