WATCH THE VIDEO!
Read the COUNSELING CORNER MAY EDITION
2020 AP EXAMS: MAY 11 - MAY 22, 2020AP Exam Update (as of April 3) This includes how to access exam prep and your exams in May as well as the CHS exam cancelation policy.
Click the links and read through these documents! All of the answers to AP questions can be found on the College Board website at https://www.collegeboard.org/.
- Complete the Oh the Places You'll Go form by June 1 to get your pics and videos in for Cranford High School's National Commit Day movie. Final transcripts are required to be sent to all colleges in June. This form must be completed in order to send your final transcript to the college you're planning on attending.
FRESHMEN, SOPHOMORES, JUNIORS:
- Together with some CHS counselors, Ms. Anthony, CHS Student Assistance Counselor is facilitating some healthy dialogues, vent sessions, and talks in a safe, informal, and flexible environment. Jump on for a few minutes, stay an hour...it's up to you! If this sounds of interest to you, please feel out this Google Form. Filling out this form is not a commitment. It just allows us to gauge interest.
- Course level recommendations have been revisited by teachers and changes have been made in Powerschool for the 2020-2021 school year. To review your current course requests, please go to Powerschool -> Class Registration. A list of courses for which you've been scheduled will be viewable in Powerschool in July. A list of scheduled courses with teacher assignments will be viewable in Powerschool in August.
Financial Aid Workshop: View the Live Recording: Thursday, April 16, 2020 at 7pmEven if you cannot attend live, you will receive the recording along with slides from the presentation itself (but you need to register). Topics to be discussed:
- If you were not recommended for a certain honors or AP course and would like to request to waive into that course, please complete the 2020-2021 COURSE WAIVER FORM. This will be reviewed by the Department Supervisor and the school counselor will contact you when the change is complete in Powerschool. The deadline to submit this form is June 15, 2020.
Missed the presentation? Here is the link to view the presentation
- Current update on Corona's impact on the college landscape
- Will you qualify for financial aid & how to maximize eligibility
- What should you do if you don't qualify for aid?
- How to present assets to colleges; 529s, home, retirement, etc.
- FAFSA & CSS/PROFILE tips and timeline
- Live Q & A
VIRTUAL COLLEGE ADMISSIONS PANEL FOR STUDENTS AND THEIR PARENTS/GUARDIANS
WEDNESDAY, APRIL 29 AT 7:00 PM
A virtual college admissions panel with representatives from four colleges is planned for mid-April. Students and their parents/guardians are invited to hear from college admissions representatives and their responses to commonly asked questions regarding the application process, how applications are reviewed and how admissions decisions are determined. Please submit questions in advance by completing the COLLEGE ADMISSIONS PANEL GOOGLE FORM.
THE LINK FOR THE RECORDING WILL BE PROVIDED ON WEDNESDAY, APRIL 29 AT 7:00 PM.