2020 AP TESTING DATES
AP EXAMS ARE MONDAY, MAY 4 THROUGH FRIDAY, MAY 15 AT CHS.
Please be aware of the following:
- AP exam testing calendar and locations - TBA 2020
- AM exams: Students report at 7:30 am.
- PM exams: Students report at 11:30 am.
- Students must bring their AP student pack to every test.
- Student must bring several #2 pencils AND pens with black or dark blue ink.
- Students must bring an approved calculator(and spare batteries) for AP Biology, AP Calculus, AP Chemistry, AP Physics and AP Stats.
- Students will not be dismissed until the official testing time is completed by all students.
- Cell phones or any other electronic device with internet access are prohibited in the testing location.
If students will not be in school before or after an exam, parents MUST call and notify the attendance office to excuse the student, as is the case with any other absence from school.
1. Advanced Placement (AP®) Examinations must be paid for and ordered in advance. Registration is possible from September 10, 2019 through October 10, 2019.STEP 1 JOIN COURSE SECTION (in class)
- Students log in to My AP https://myap.collegeboard.
org/login. Students should use their same previously used College Board accounts. Any students who have not previously taken an AP, PSAT or SAT, will need to create a new CollegeBoard account.
- Teachers provide the unique class join codes to students in class and students complete registration through the College Board My AP website.
- Students go to https://aptsusa.com/
cranford/ to pay for exams.
Late Registration is possible with a penalty fee of $40 per exam until March 6, 2020.
2. The cost of each AP® exam is $94.
If a student is interested in exams not offered on the school’s registration list, please contact APTS
3. All exams must be pre-paid and activated online. The online payment system accepts credit card and debit card payments as well as mail in payment. Payment with a credit or debit card has a 3% credit card fee added. To mail in payment using check or money order, please complete the order online and follow the directions to mail your order form and payment to the address on your confirmation.
Information entered on the payment form must be your legal name and match your College Board profile.
4. Students will activate their exams on the College Board MyAP site at http://myap.collegeboard.org by logging in with their College Board profiles (the same profile use to register for SAT® exams, or to retrieve PSAT/NMSQT® or AP® exam scores in past years.) Each exam subject will require a Join Code (access code) which is subject, teacher and class period specific. CHS teachers will distribute the Join Codes. Students must apply the Join Code and set the Exam Decision Indicator to ‘Yes’ by October 10, 2019 if they are planning to take the exam in May 2020. Read through the FAQs for more details.
5. BOTH steps 1 and 2 above are to be completed by October 10, 2019 to successfully place an exam order without penalty fee. Without completion of both steps, the AP Coordinator will not be able to submit an exam order.
6. Students who order and pay for an exam but decide to cancel an exam before October 10, 2019 will receive a partial refund of $90. Cancellation requests submitted between October 11, 2019 and March 6, 2020 will receive a partial refund of $54 per exam. The cancellation notification must be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org and include the student’s name, Cranford High School name, and the name of the exam the student wishes to cancel. No refunds will be issued if a student decides to cancel after March 6, 2020. No shows for exams are not eligible for refunds. There is no exchanging or re-selling of exams.
5. Check in for morning exams will be promptly at 7:30 a.m. Afternoon exam check in will be promptly at 11:30 a.m. Exam administration will begin as soon as check in is completed so students must arrive promptly at the time check in opens. Students who arrive after the actual exam administration begins (15 minutes after check-in) will not be admitted. No exceptions. Exams will take approximately four hours. Please notify your sports coaches of AP® exam dates and times and plan accordingly. Students are not allowed to leave any AP exam early.
6. Information regarding testing rooms and locations will be released closer to the exam administration. Please review carefully the AP® Test Site Security Regulations.
7. If registering for two exams scheduled for the exact same time and date, please register for your exams based on your subject. APTS will be checking for conflicting exam situations and you will be assigned to one of the two exams to take during the College Board Late Testing Period. Late Testing assignment will be based on factors such as exam design and equipment requirement, staff and space availability. If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com for assistance. To access the schedule of exams, click on the calendar link on this page.
8. If your family is experiencing financial hardship or you are receiving Free-Reduced Lunch Program support, please see your guidance counselor for more information.
General questions or need assistance? Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org