Family and Consumer Sciences
The Family and Consumer Sciences (FCS) department strives to address the essential living competencies all individuals need to function in our rapidly changing society. The FCS content areas provide a basis for success in balancing home and work responsibilities as well as for transitioning to career pathways. Family and Consumer electives provide opportunities to develop the knowledge, skills, attitudes, and behaviors needed for:
- Becoming responsible citizens and leaders in family, community and work settings.
- Balancing personal, home, family and work lives.
- Promoting optimal nutrition and wellness across the life span.
- Functioning effectively as consumers and providers of goods and services.
- Successful life management, career development, and employment.
- Managing resources to meet the material needs for individual or family life.
- Meeting challenges of daily living.
Family and Consumer Sciences Staff:
Hillside Avenue School: Ms. Julia Duyckinck
Orange Avenue School: Ms. Joanne Penrose
Cranford High School / Child Development: Ms. Allison Weiss
Cranford High School / Culinary Arts: Mrs. Ashley Waake (leave replacement)