Math - Grades K - 2
Math Grades K - 2
- Counting and Cardinality: know number names and the count sequence, count to tell the number of object, compare numbers, understand numbers, know ways of representing numbers.
- Operations and Algebraic Thinking: understand addition as putting together and adding to and understand subtraction as taking apart and taking from, understand and apply properties of operations and the relationship between addition and subtraction, add and subtract within 20, work with addition and subtraction equations, represent and solve problems involving addition and subtraction.
- Number and Operations in Base Ten: extend the counting sequence, understand place value, use place value understanding and properties of operations to add and subtract
- Measurement and Data: describe and compare measurable attributes, classify objects and count the number of objects in each category, measure lengths indirectly and by iterating length units, measure and estimate lengths in standard units tell and write time, relate addition and subtraction to length, work with time and money, represent and interpret data
- Geometry: Identify and describe shapes, analyze, compare, create and compose shapes, reason with shapes and their attributes
- Math Practices: make sense of problems and persevere in solving them, reason abstractly and quantitatively, construct viable arguments and critique the reasoning of others, model with mathematics, use appropriate tools strategically, attend to precision, look for and make use of structure, look for and express regularity in repeated reasoning