Have a question about CHS...log on. Want to talk about Covid, your feelings, missing friends...log on. Want to share how you stay focused and productive....log on.
2021-2022 COURSE SELECTION FOR CLASSES OF 2022, 2023 AND 2024
COURSE SELECTION MEETINGS WITH COUNSELORS
- 2021-2022 PROGRAM OF STUDIES
- 2021-2022 COURSE SELECTION SHEET
- Review the above materials in preparation for scheduling for next year’s courses. Students: CHECK YOUR EMAILS FOR A GOOGLE INVITE STARTING FEBRUARY 1! Students should come prepared with course selections, including 8 electives in priority order, to meet for 15 minutes with their school counselor. If the student is attending school in person, he/she can attend the meeting with the counselor in the school counseling office between 7:45 am and 12:20 pm. Appointment times are available for all students from 8:00 am - 3:00 pm.
Class of 2022 scheduling: March 1 - March 5, 2021
Class of 2023 scheduling: March 8 – March 12, 2021
Class of 2024 scheduling: March 16 – March 22, 2021
MARCH 26, 2021: LAST DAY FOR SCHEDULE CHANGE REQUESTS
(EXCLUDING LEVEL CHANGES/SCHEDULE CONFLICTS)
JUNIORS REQUESTING LETTERS OF RECOMMENDATION
BeginningFriday, March 12, 2021, juniors may begin asking teachers for letters of recommendation as part of the college application process. Students should be sure to see the teacher in person prior to making the electronic request through Naviance.
- Students should obtain two CHS faculty/staff letters of recommendation.
- Meet with your teacher in person to ask if he/she would be willing to write a letter of recommendation for you.
- Log on to Naviance Student (https://student.naviance.com/cranford). Complete the appropriate TEACHER RECOMMENDATION SURVEY (located in ABOUT ME → MY SURVEYS → SURVEYS NOT STARTED).
- Log on to Naviance Student (https://student.naviance.com/cranford) and electronically request the teacher letter of recommendation under the COLLEGES tab -> APPLY TO COLLEGE -> LETTERS OF RECOMMENDATION. Select ADD REQUEST and select the teacher from the drop down menu for ALL CURRENT AND FUTURE COLLEGES. Please add a personal message to your request.
*Fully virtual students should contact the teacher to set up a Google meet in order to request letters of recommendation “face to face.”
COLLEGE ADMISSIONS TESTING PRESENTATION AND NAVIANCE
Missed the presentation?
Part 1 : Mrs. Burfeindt's presentation on the 2020-2021 College Admissions Presentation
Part 2 : Individual school counselor's presentation to the Class of 2021 Junior Parent/Guardian Naviance Tutorial
STUDENT ASSISTANCE COUNSELOR (SAC): Ms. Toni Anthony
Meet our SAC - she would like to share a few words…..please reach out to her!
ADVANCED PLACEMENT (AP) EXAMS will be administered from May 3 through May 14, 2021. The AP exam late registration and payment will be open from beginning November 14, 2020. The cost is $95 per exam plus a $40 late fee.