OAS Positive Case 11/20
The purpose of this letter is to inform you that the District was notified that an individual at Orange Avenue School tested positive for COVID-19. The District continues to work closely with public health officials in order to assure the health and safety of our community. Please be advised that OAS has been fully remote since Thursday, November 12 (8 days ago). The Township Health Department has confirmed that there are no close contacts in the school. Please be further advised that Orange Avenue School is currently scheduled to open Monday, December 14, as Cranford Public Schools will transition to full remote learning for two weeks (Monday, November 30, through Friday, December 11).
I also recognize that many of you would like more detailed information about the case or contacts of the case. The information I am providing you here has been composed in consultation with and vetted by the Department of Health, and I am not in a position to comment further. We are hopeful that the mitigation measures we have in place, such as universal masking, screening procedures, social distancing, enhanced cleaning procedures, and other precautions, will have their intended effect and reduce or minimize the risk of transmission in the school environment. We encourage parents and students to continue following the Centers for Disease Control & Prevention promoted safeguards, such as:
- Staying home when you are sick;
- Washing hands often for at least 20 seconds;
- Covering coughs and sneezes and properly disposing of tissues;
- Limiting close contact with people who are sick and not sharing food, drinks and utensils;
- Practicing social distancing (staying at least 6 feet apart);
- Wearing a face covering while in school; and
- Continuing to monitor your health for symptoms
- Immediately notifying your child’s school if they have a positive COVID-19 test result
As always, we appreciate your support and cooperation. Moving forward, you can assist us by remaining vigilant but sensible in your approach to dealing with this health concern. Thank you for your ongoing patience and flexibility as we continue to make our way through this school year.
Wear a mask, Wash your hands, Watch your distance